Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Ego basher


My friend was furious. 
“I will teach him a lesson. I will bash him up,” he kept repeating.
To console him, I narrated a story.
An elephant took a bath in a pond and started walking on the road. A dog that had completely dirtied itself with filth crossed the elephant’s path. The tusker politely moved aside. The dog laughed at it saying, “You are so big, but scared of me.” The elephant replied, “I can crush you in a second. But I do not want to dirty my legs.”
I told my friend, “Be like that elephant. Do not dirty yourself.”
He was not convinced.
“No one can stop me. It is impossible. I will bash him up.”
The word “impossible” reminded me of a joke.
One guy told his friend, “The word ‘impossible’ does not exist in my dictionary.”
“You should have checked the dictionary properly before you bought it,” came the reply.
Thankfully, the joke calmed my friend, at least for the moment.

19 comments:

  1. Great lesson to learn; will remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is lucky to have you as friend....:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did the best thing, in trying to calm him down. Impulsive reactions are never the right ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did the right thing in trying to calm him down. Impulsive reactions are never the right ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At times,without ralising,people like yourselves help friends with knowledge and guidence.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the joke and the inherent lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great, the way you match wit with wisdom in your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always know how to deliver a lesson and make us smile at the same time. RameshJi when are you going to visit Delhi? Lets meet up. Do mail in the details pls.

    ReplyDelete
  9. One more good one. Where do you get this constant supply from?

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's a saying in HIndi- haathi chale bazaar, kutte bhoke hazaar.

    It means- an elephant walks his own path, let the thousand dogs bark". When did majestic elephant bothered about barking dogs? This links to it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another funny piece of writing, you are great with such quick bits of humor!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  12. U R WITTY
    FULL OF HUMOUR
    NICE MESSAGE

    ReplyDelete