Friday, September 5, 2008

Positively negative

"Think positive. Everyday say to yourself 'today is going to be a great day,'" my friend went on with his unsolicited discourse.
"I will try," I promised.
"No. You look dreary. What's the matter?" he pressed on.
"This month I will almost have to do without my salary. The same old rent problem," I grumbled.
"Come on. That's not a big deal at all. Any other hassle?"
"Well. I have reach Dubai tomorrow morning. Wonder whether I would get a bus quickly from Sharjah's Fish Market area, if I manage to hire a taxi to reach there."
"These are daily tasks. Keep telling yourself it is not good to be down. Cheer up," he continued.
"Thanks, what about William? I have to repay his Dhs1,000 within a week or he will pounce on me."
"What! Did you borrow from William?" my friend almost screamed. "Is that why he took Dhs2,000 from me last month?"

R. Ramesh

No comments:

Post a Comment