This is my 300th post and hence thought should write about someone inspiring and full of wisdom. So thought of my darling Socrates.
Just a few points. In 399 BC, this guy said “Don’t take soup. It will invigorate hunger and force you to eat junk food.”
When a friend took Socrates to his shop and said, “Take anything. All yours,” Socrates replied: “Wow, so much I can do without.”
When he was chatting with his friends, his wife poured a bucket of water on him. “Give her a slap,” said his friends. “I will not offer you the pleasure of watching a drama,” replied our hero.
OK, some Socrates quotes:
* An honest man is always a child.
* Be slow to fall into friendship; but when thou art in, continue firm and constant.
* Beware the barrenness of a busy life.
* By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher.
* Death may be the greatest of all human blessings.
* False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil.
* He is richest who is content with the least, for content is the wealth of nature.
* I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.