Friday, August 12, 2011

Indians hammered

“Riots continue in Birmingham, England. 11 aggressive youths were mauling 11 timid Indians while thousands watched!!!,” read a Facebook post written by my friend Viju Jacob.
Stunned, I responded, “Oh my God.”
There were others too who were shocked and reacted instantly.
“Spot on. If it was boxing, they would have stopped the bout,” wrote PK Madhavan.
“These are the brave men who defeated the Nazis. Now they can't even defend their own houses and citizens against an angry mob. Poor Brittania,” wrote Rik Corijn.
“We have a history of being ruled,” was Ajit Kumar’s angry response.
Viju Jacob did not let the subject boil and broke his silence.
“I was talking about cricket where England is hammering the Indians,” he declared.

27 comments:

  1. Look before you jump? Isn't that the apt saying for this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If they keep playing like this, the riot fever will pass on to the Indians living in UK :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was shocked initially when read the snippet in networked blog post in fb .

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is really sad indeed,all the things happening everywhere in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good one Ramesh,
    Hope you are fine.tc

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm, very topical...... in more ways than one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol... Even my blood was boiling before I reached the last line.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL :)) As always good one Ramesh :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. AAAAAAAaaaaaa....! (read: screaming)

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol!! i read few lines and quickly googled to see any such news!! wow this is awesome really!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hehehe what a misinterpretation :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that thriller style ending....but our arsonists are way ahead...its almost 20 years since I first saw the after effects of burnt shops in Mumbai....and for a protected teenager it was hard coming in terms with the mindless violence of neighbours turned foes overnight.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a perspective!

    I was taken aback with the last line and read the whole thing again and just smiled when the word 'perspective' hit my mind. :)

    Wish you a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok, I guessed this one when I reached the 4th line :). Baj gayee India kee.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am laughing and coughing at the same time! Nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I read it thrice or four times.. trying to find where i got fooled.. hmmm.. it gave me a smile .. maybe i didn't take it properly, the initial lines.. but served your purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  17. as always... you have me in shreds ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ramesh was kind enough to read my inane blabbering on FB. Was shocked when he published it and even more so, after reading the comments. Vaazhvae maayam!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Craaaaaaash! dhuuup! came the sound after reading the last lines! loved the post!

    ReplyDelete
  20. ROFL... that ws a good one.. hahaha

    ReplyDelete