Monday, August 8, 2011

Walk with helmet on head

Again an experience yesterday like the one I mentioned earlier.
I was talking with our building cleaner near the gate entrance when a plastic cover filled with muck, including leftover food, orange and melon skin, landed close to us with a thud. A woman passing by had her dress spoilt and dust splashed all over her head. She looked dejectedly at us, even as the cleaner hurled abuses looking at a particular window.
“This shameless guy on the 9th floor. I warned him several times, but he does not care,” the cleaner complained.
He then asked, “Do you know what happened last week?”
“What?”
“A teenage boy from the 12th floor threw two tube lights from the window. The pieces of the shattered bulbs scattered all over parked cars. A car owner lodged a complaint and the family was taken to police station for questioning.”
Recently, a guest-pest’s child was running around at home and threw an orange peel from the window. I warned him not to (his mom did not like the way I threatened her sweetheart). After five minutes, the monster came close to me. I thought he will give an affectionate hug; instead he took a peel near my eyes and squashed it. I shouted in pain and he laughed in joy.
Talking of guests, I remember the Mulla Nasruddin joke.
“Please have dates,” Mulla told the guest.
“No thanks, I already had five.”
“Actually you had ten so far,” Mulla replied.

21 comments:

  1. Interesting neighbors of yours...

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol... loved that mulla nasruddin joke..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haa I thought civic law in Dubai was strict. Am I wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't know whether to smile or frown at these insensitive folks...

    Your posts do always bring a smile, no question about that :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahaha

    orange peel one, was the best

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha haa... where do you get these jokes.. very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You narrate small incidents too interestingly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitey second the above comment :)
    And yeah the orange one was the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hmmm...pople are like this nowadays...what to do?

    Nice joke by the way !

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am surprised that Dubai is that bad. Are these real incidents of Dubai? Wish I could laugh at these but seems like serious issues. Joke is good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. any body living in a multistoreyed will relate to the incident .... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. God! I thought this issue was in India only! Sigh...terrible people!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting post.
    Liked the one about the orange peel.
    Wonder if people will ever learn!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Obviously a world-wide nuisance, ignorant people it seems are everywhere. - Petty Witter (For some reason I cannot sign in as myself on certain blogs, yours for some reason being one of them, apologies for this)

    ReplyDelete
  15. General nonsense prevailing in our culture !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Why are people so ignorant. Why dont they realize that the shit they throw would day fall upon them ?? I am a victim as well. I had a plastic bag on my head once. Thanks for the helmet that saved me from the mess.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hmm! Last week a man lost both his legs when he slipped on a banana peel & landed on the track!!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  18. Heehee Nice write up... brings up subtle points of the society in a light way :) :)

    Cheers,

    ReplyDelete
  19. Trust me, it is not so bad in India now.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It is surprising to hear such incidents taking place in Dubai, if it was India I can understand, for I have seen many people doing it. People in India don't have any civic sense nor any strict punishment given to the offenders.
    I noticed the dig at me in Asha's blog.

    ReplyDelete