Sunday, March 22, 2009

Virtual realities of life

“Internet is addictive and not always good. Better be careful,” advised my close friend.
“Ya, it is. A knife can be used for cutting vegetables or causing injuries. I will try to use it to cut veggies. Anyway, thanks for the advice,” I replied.
“A pal of mine had so many friends through the Net. This Indian guy went to Thailand and married his girl friend. He had a tough time.”
“Oh I see.”
“Did you hear about a girl from Pakistan who fell in love with an Indian guy and got married without her parents’ consent. She was rich, but in the new house there was not even a proper toilet?”
“But why do you tell me such stories. Am happily married,” I replied.
“There’s plenty of scope for deception. Sometimes guys may even masquerade as pretty women,” she scared me.
“You are right. Don’t you use the Internet at all?” I asked.
“ I do. But if you had been ditched by a Net friend, you would have also been talking like me.”
"Good and ugly people are there in real as well as virtual world. Lemme pray I interact with the good-hearted ones. So far so good," I packed up.

13 comments:

  1. lol @ i m happily married... geee

    ur rite crows are black everywhere !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes very true Mr. Ramesh.... as usual excellent....

    Cheers,
    Jayashree

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear this from friends too. I try not to worry about it too much. I just take good care of myself. I have also had good luck finding good-hearted folks, you being one of those people, Ramesh. Cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Talk about heights of skepticism!! :O

    :D If she was ditched in real life, I am sure she would choose to spend the rest of her life being afraid of ever getting into a relationship

    ReplyDelete
  5. R., just love the insight here. I think the knife quote is exactly correct...you can use it for good or evil. Have a beautiful week, friend. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Online relationships should never turn serious, there is Second Life for that. And anyway, nothing beats the reality of taking someone out for a coffee.

    This post just reminded me of the absurdity that technology brings into relationships Chandra Mohan's divorce

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes, thats right.... i am the other name of Inspiration....


    Jayashree

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Buddy,

    Trying to scare us off the net are you:-)

    More seriously, in the internet as in life we have to make conscious choices and we need to live with consequences of those choices whether they be good or otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha Ha! Boss, you don't know my story yet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. we hear this about social networking all the time at school

    ReplyDelete
  11. No No.. ok No Mr. only ramesh.. and me only jayashree can call me jay.. all my friends call me same.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am furious at you!


    You should have just told her about me and how nice a person I am :D

    the argument would have ended there and then... hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope your friend got a nice advice from you :)

    ReplyDelete