Wednesday, April 24, 2013

‘I can read your mind’


Science has advanced to such a level that a man can use his mind to wag a rat’s tail. Such an experiment was conducted successfully at a lab in Harvard Medical School.
However, the “I-know-what-you-are-thinking” scenario scares me.
Just last week I was talking to a friend and she said, “I can read your mind.”
She continued, “You must be thinking how smart I am.”
“Yes, yes,” I lied.
Knowing what’s on the other person’s mind can create chaos in the world.
Imagine a rich man on his deathbed surrounded by relatives. Visualise a strict boss passing by his subordinate. Think of a wife telling her hubby that her mom is visiting home. Envisage meeting a person who owes you money but has not returned for months.  
You must have read this joke: If women could read minds, every second man will get slapped.

12 comments:

  1. It would be scary if people could read our minds :). Too many slaps would go all around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But I bet if you tried reading women's mind you will get confused because millions of thought would be crossing her mind at same time...And probability of each one being unlinked from other is very high..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Interesting post :)
    It would be interesting to know what the other person is actually thinking about you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remembered Vivek's comedy in a movie based on this theory! It was hilarious!

    The last line is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL. Obviously a joke that spans countries and cultures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha ha...your pieces of writing always bring your readers a good laugh, the interesting part is how you manage to mix fun so easily!! :)

    Last part is very funny!! :) Cheers bro!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. good. others cannot read our minds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. With Google coming up with Google glasses, this might be something that we may have to encounter in the near future? It is downright scary! But your take is funny :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. So.. if a boss could read our mind during meetings!.. I would try avoiding such encounters..

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would hate to see someone read my mind

    ReplyDelete